Bray’s Point Lighthouse
In 1907 and 1908, William Bray acquired several parcels on the point just east of where the Fox River enters Lake Winnebago. Known now as Bray’s Point, this land was fairly isolated at the time, but Bray renovated an old house on the point and then built a private harbor on the property for his pleasure craft.
Bray had the lighthouse built-in 1910. The octagonal, concrete lighthouse displayed a fixed red light at a height of twenty-six feet above low water and appeared on Light Lists for several decades as Rockwell Lighthouse, though locally it was often known by the name of the family who currently owned the property on the point.
Unfortunately, it is sited on private property so pictures must be taken from afar.