Bray’s Point Lighthouse Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Bray’s Point Lighthouse – Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Bray’s Point Lighthouse Oshkosh, Wisconsin In 1907 and 1908, William Bray acquired several parcels on the point just east of where the Fox River enters Lake Winnebago. Known now as Bray’s Point, this land was fairly isolated at the time, but Bray renovated an old house on the point and then built a private harbor…

Asylum Point Lighthouse Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Asylum Point Lighthouse – Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Asylum Point Lighthouse Oshkosh, Wisconsin Asylum Point, a promontory that separates North and South Asylum Bay, was the site chosen for a lighthouse in 1937. Built on an artificial island, Asylum Point Park was popular with picnickers who gained access by a wooden bridge. The 24-foot lighthouse was rejected by the DOT and was never…

Eagle Harbor

Eagle Harbor Lighthouse on the Keweenaw Peninsula

Eagle Harbor Lighthouse on the Keweenaw Peninsula Eagle Harbor, Michigan Eagle Harbor Light is an operational lighthouse located in Eagle Harbor, Keweenaw County, Michigan. The original lighthouse was built in 1851 and was replaced in 1871 by the present brick structure, which is a Michigan State Historic Site. Eagle Harbor light is one of serval…

53832754_529387944255231_954945601278050304_n

Holland Lighthouse, Holland, Michigan

Holland Lighthouse, Holland, Michigan Holland Lighthouse called “Big Red” located in Holland State Park. It Is the most photographed lighthouse in Michigan. This structure was not always as it appears today. The first structure was built in 1870 was a small, square wooden structure.

IMG_0820

Cheboygan Crib Light, Michigan

Cheboygan Crib Light is located at the west pierhead of the mouth of the Cheboygan River into Lake Huron. The light is inactive. The light was originally located offshore in Lake Huron in 1884, on a concrete base. In 1984, the Crib Light tower was removed from the concrete base and placed on its current…

Wawatam Lighthouse

Wawatam Lighthouse, St. Ignace, Michigan

The current lighthouse was originally built in 1998 at the Monroe Welcome Center on Interstate 75. In 2004 the Michigan Department of Transportation decided to renovate the center and declared the structure obsolete. The structure was moved north by truck in five pieces.  In 2006 the lighthouse was reassembled and on August 20, 2006 the…