Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

The Copper Harbor Lighthouse was built in 1848 and has a tower that stands 62 feet tall. It is located on the Keweenaw Peninsula of Upper Michigan inside Fort Wilkins Historic State Park on private land and the passage between the two is NOT allowed. The light was deactivated in 1927. In 1963, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources acquired the property.